Junior Sales Engineer – From February 2018
The successful candidate must achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or services. He/she must personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers.
Our technical sales engineers combine technical knowledge with sales skills to provide advice and support on a wide range of products. Clients are usually technical staff from non-retail organisations, mostly end users operating production lines in factories. The emphasis of the work varies depending on the level of technical knowledge needed to sell a particular product or service. Technical sales engineers are a key point of contact for our clients and provide both pre- and after-sales advice. They liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as research, development, design, purchasing, production and quality, as well as senior company managers. They must be persuasive in their presentations and persistent in pursuing leads. Excellent technology skills help specialists understand the complexities of our company’s offerings and keep them up-to-date on the latest advances in our industries.
4.Details of Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains business relationships with current customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organisation’s products/services;
- makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers who might benefit from company products or services and maximising client potential in designated regions;
- researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential;
- developing long-term relationships with clients through managing and interpreting their requirements;
- supporting marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events;
- provide professional knowledge on our solutions & products by making technical presentations and demonstrations on how a particular product meets the client needs;
- develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers;
- persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery;
- analyses the territory/market’s potential and forecast the value of existing and prospective customers value to the organisation;
- plans and organises personal sales strategy by maximising the Return on Investment for the territory/segment;
- meet monthly sales targets in order to qualify for commission;
- providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education as well as after-sales support services;
- expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints;
- identifies advantages and compares organisation’s products/services;
- preparing reports as needed & work closely with management as well as project engineers,
- coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluent in English & Afrikaans;
- demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach);
- hard working; must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment;
- proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and Enterprise Resource Planning software;
- must have driver’s license & be willing to use own car for sales;
- must be neat & well organised;
- must be willing to travel local and maybe abroad;
- excellent time management skills;
- must be able to work under pressure and after-hours if needed to;
- must be a South African National,
- always be loyal and adhere to company policies and procedures in the performance of all duties.
- 2-3 Years Relevant Sales Experience
- Gr.12 Certificate – (I.T. advantageous)
- At Least S4 in electrical or mechatronics engineering.
- National Diploma in electrical or mechatronics engineering (advantageous)
If you think you have what it takes to full fill this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org